A Cabbello is Proud to Present
More connected lives = More connected society
Transforming lives through music, uniting communities, and combating loneliness one note at a time.
Let’s collectively inspire positive feelings, improve mental & physical health, acknowledge lifelong worth and show our seniors they’re cherished.
Together, we will create a community where unity and joy thrive. Showing our seniors that they are not alone.
They are valued.
We see YOU!
The Surgeon General’s recent advisory on epidemic of loneliness, identified its imperative we recognize profound risks associated with feeling disconnected from our community.
Loneliness can feel like isolation, being invisible, insignificant, disconnected, anxious, depressed and affects overall health & well being.
Makes our hearts, bodies, minds and immune systems weaker.
Can be as deadly as smoking 15 cigarettes per day.
Associated with 30% increased risk heart attack, stroke, or death (Journal of the American Heart Association)
Music has the incredible ability to transcend barriers & connect people in ways that words often cannot. It has power to transform, inspire & create lasting memories.
We have an opportunity, an obligation, an ability to make investments in addressing social connection.
That’s why A CABBELLO’S Project Connect, is taking action to address this issue head-on and foster a sense of community through the transformative power of music.
By coming together for a shared musical experience, we aim to uplift spirits and bring joy to our community.
WHAT: FREE BRASILANOVA CONCERT for Seniors followed by ‘CONNECTION CHATS’
WHERE: Mizell Community Center, Palm Springs
WHEN: Saturday Matinee, May 11th @ 1:30 pm
HOW: Live-streamed for those housebound & unable to attend in person
Mizell Center, as well as, local senior centers – servicing the community at their centers plus delivering 700 meals on wheels/per day
Step into the enchanting world of Brasilanova, where sultry smooth sounds of Bossa Nova come alive in unique & mesmerizing ways.
WE NEED YOU!
- EVENT SPONSORSHIP: Make a tremendous difference in the lives of valued seniors across the valley to offset costs of live streaming quipment, personnel, and necessary pre and post administration
- PR SPONSORSHIP: Spread the word. Let’s make sure seniors in our community know about this opportunity to connect
- AMBASSADOR(S): Advocate, fundraise, represent the project at events. Expand the reach & impact by leveraging networks for success
- LOCAL CITIES: Seeking grants to support the project
- VOLUNTEER: To assist with various aspects of the event, from setup to providing companionship during the performance